Ok, this little trick im about to show you can be really useful, I'm gona show you how to make patterns and lines on top of a picture in Photoshop.
1. First Open Photoshop CS (I use version 8.0 but it doesnt really matter) and open the graphic you wish to put the pattern on (I will use a blank image just to show you the steps).
2. Go to Layer-> Duplicate Layer.
3. Once you have the Duplicated layer on top, create a new image, size - 3 by 3 pixels. then zoom in to edit.
4. Select the Pencil Tool (right click on Brush Tool, and select Pencil Tool), Then set the size of your Pencil to 1 pixel.
5. Once you have your Pencil set to 1 pixel, choose a color for the pattern or line to be on your graphic. ( I chose black, becuase it goes well on white).
-Patterns you can make:
6. When you have finnished your little pattern, go to Edit-> Define Pattern. Give your pattern any name you want (I just called mine pattern 1).
7. Now, go back to your first graphic, and with your Duplicated layer on top of the image, click on the Paint Bucket Tool.
8. Then, make the fill Pattern, and to the right of the screen, select the pattern the one you just created in the drop-down menu.
9. Then, with the Paint Bucket Tool selected, left click on your graphic. The line pattern you created should appear on your image now. You can go to the layer blending option to blend the lines in with your graphic.
The finnished result-
My result with signature-
How did this turtorial work for you? Post back and ask anything you like!