Toggle Content Home | Forums | Next Action | Calendar | TBK Rules | Join TBK | Challenge us | Search | TBK BF4 Leaderboard
  User Info Toggle Content

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password
Security CodeSecurity Code
Type Code

Membership:
Latest: so0unDy
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 496

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 48
Total: 48
Who Is Where:
 Visitors:
01: Forum
02: Photo Gallery
03: Forum
04: Photo Gallery
05: Photo Gallery
06: Photo Gallery
07: Forum
08: Photo Gallery
09: Statistics
10: Forum
11: Forum
12: Photo Gallery
13: Statistics
14: Forum
15: Photo Gallery
16: Forum
17: My Account
18: Photo Gallery
19: Forum
20: Forum
21: Forum
22: Forum
23: Photo Gallery
24: Forum
25: Statistics
26: Photo Gallery
27: My Account
28: Forum
29: Photo Gallery
30: Photo Gallery
31: Statistics
32: Forum
33: Photo Gallery
34: Statistics
35: Statistics
36: Statistics
37: Forum
38: Photo Gallery
39: Home
40: Home
41: Photo Gallery
42: Photo Gallery
43: Statistics
44: Forum
45: Forum
46: Statistics
47: Photo Gallery
48: Statistics

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Main Menu Toggle Content

Forum › Artwork, Computer, Internet & Show Off Boards › Computer Software Room › AMD driver help!
AMD driver help!
Talk about anything to do with computer software
Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index ›  Computer Software Room

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ankara
TBK Council
TBK Council

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: AMD driver help!

Bit the bullet and stuck another 6950 into my pc, but not getting good performance from BF3 (worse than just 2 cards!).

Got a p8p67 pro motherboard with 3 pcie 16 slots, but have had to force the bios to run the last slot at x4 speed, normally set at x1 (something that disables the pci slots/esata and usb3 connections).

Have reset my original cards to stock settings and shaders and am running Afterburner to ensure the same core and memory speeds across the cards, along with the On Screen Display to monitor temps/usage etc....

Updated to the lastest drivers CCC 12.1 with 11.12 CAP3; done this several times now after uninstalling, cleaning and sweeping.

CCC showing 3 way crossfire; GPUz showing 3gpu's enabled on the first two cards, but disabled on the last (from Google this may be a glitch in the program).

Running the Heaven DX11 benchmark gives me an expected increase in score/fps, and from the AB overlay I can see all three gpus kicking out 99-100% usage; so I'm assuming crossfire is working?!

Anyway, the problem is the bad performance in BF3; looking at the AB overlay I'm typically getting the following usage:
GPU1:96%
GPU2:65%
GPU3:99%

Changing settings from LOW through to ULTRA doesn't improve game play, OR FPS!?!?

What am I doing wrong, or am I at the mercy of poor drivers? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

TBK Member
TBK Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: AMD driver help!

I think its just drivers mate, havent got much experiance with crossfire but it sounds like its just dodgy drivers, maybe go back to using 2 and wait for an update?

TBK Member
TBK Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: AMD driver help!

post in the amd drivers forum, lots of helpful guys in their. i cant because im banned from their.

forums.amd.com/game/ca...entercat=y

TBK Council
TBK Council

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: AMD driver help!

After a lot of head scratching and trawling though forums I came across this console command for BF3:

renderdevice.forcerenderaheadlimit 1

Problem sorted! Thought I was going to have to sell a card!

TBK Council
TBK Council

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: AMD driver help!

Although I've improved playability with the in game console commands I've still been running at less than 100% capacity across the 3 cards, with card 3 (the x4 slot card) always being at 100%, with the others lagging behind.

After lots of research I think the x4 slot is slowing my system down, especially at 5760x1080.

The solution, go back to 1920x1080, or increase the number of pcie lanes.

Started looking at other boards and had my eye on the p8p67 WS revolution, but managed to find a maximus IV extreme on scan for less!!!

Long story short, my cards are now all sat on this bad boy, but they're all back to back. Hope fully will be online later to test.

The downside; will have to watercool sooner than expected; ain't life a chore! Wink

TBK Council
TBK Council

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: AMD driver help!

After a bit of testing last night this appears to have fixed my performance issues; now running at 99% across all gpu's resulting in a significant FPS increase and smoother game play.

The lesson here; whilst an x4 slot doesn't really hurt gaming at 1920x1080 (and there's a lot of websites with results to prove this), at eyefinity resolutions, it's a killer!

One unexpected advantage, the new board has an 'auto tune' function; one click and after a few minutes of adjustment my cpu was running at close to 4.9ghz!

Have knocked this back down until I've improved the cooling though; not sure if I fully trust a board to take control of my overclock!?

Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index ›  Computer Software Room
Page 1 of 1