Toggle Content Home | Forums | Next Action | Calendar | TBK Rules | Join TBK | Challenge us | Search | TBK BF4 Leaderboard
  User Info Toggle Content

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password
Security CodeSecurity Code
Type Code

Membership:
Latest: so0unDy
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 496

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 37
Total: 37
Who Is Where:
 Visitors:
01: Photo Gallery
02: My Account
03: Forum
04: Statistics
05: Forum
06: Forum
07: Photo Gallery
08: Forum
09: Photo Gallery
10: Forum
11: Forum
12: Forum
13: Forum
14: Forum
15: Forum
16: Forum
17: Photo Gallery
18: Forum
19: Forum
20: Statistics
21: Forum
22: Forum
23: Forum
24: Photo Gallery
25: Forum
26: Photo Gallery
27: Forum
28: Forum
29: Forum
30: Forum
31: Forum
32: Forum
33: Statistics
34: Statistics
35: Forum
36: Forum
37: Statistics

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Main Menu Toggle Content

Forum › Game Chat › Battlefield Bad Company 2 › BFBC2 PC Client R11 will be released on Sep 21st
BFBC2 PC Client R11 will be released on Sep 21st
Anything to do with the Battlefield Bad Company 2 gaming goes here
Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index ›  Battlefield Bad Company 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chatts
Site Admin/ CO
Site Admin/ CO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: BFBC2 PC Client R11 will be released on Sep 21st

Despite the release of BF3 being around the corner, we haven't forgotten all about Bad Company 2. We have a game update ready for BFBC2 PC, which is coming out this week. It is client R11. The exact build number is 795745.

What is the patch about?
Its main purpose is to address stability problems with the game and performance issues.
It is not intended to address game logic fixes, or to provide new content.

You are being vague. Exact changelist please!

Removed some memory leaks
Fixed crashes when the game attempted to render lots of content (high detail, high FOV or multiple-monitor modes); this should particularly help multi-monitor users
Chat window no longer causes lag spikes
Chat window reworked opacity & visibility-time is controllable through settings in settings.ini
Clantag is remembered when using auto-login
Banner URLs can be up to 252 characters in length
SecuROM wrapper removed from non-Steam version
Minor performance enhancements
Reduced rubberbanding on >24p servers
PrintScreen takes a screenshot, file stored in Documents\BFBC2\Screenshots directory

How large is the patch?
It is approximately 2.6GB.

That's huge man. Given that size, I would expect dinosaur survival mode to be included.
The patch itself contains all previous patches rolled into one. While it would have been technically possible to create a smaller patch for those who have Client R10 installed already, that would have delayed the release of the patch even further - so we thought it better to release a larger patch now, than a smaller patch sometime in the future.

Are there any known problems with it?
If your Windows username contains non-English characters (such as ö, ý, etc) then PunkBuster will not activate properly. To work around this, ensure that your Windows username uses only characters from the English character set. In other words, "7-bit ASCII only, please".
We caught this at the very end of the QA pass, and decided that it was better to deliver the build to the public than to give it another tour through the whole patch generation and QA process.

How do I get the patch?
If you have the Steam version, then the Steam client will automatically begin distributing it to you in the wee hours of Wednesday morning... at 4AM UTC, to be precise.

If you have the non-Steam version, then the auto-updater will suddenly discover the patch around that same time.

Or - you can find a manual updater for the non-Steam version here. Note that if you install Client R11 too early, you will not see any game servers. If so, just wait till those begin updating as well.
For those users that are having problem with the game's auto-updater, we recommend trying the manual updater.

I installed the Client R11 Public Beta patch some time ago, how do I sort out my machine?
Follow this link to see what you have to do.

What about game servers?
These will gradually be updated by the RSP companies, starting at 4AM UTC on Wed Sep 21st as well. New game clients can only see new game servers, and vice versa... so toward the end of the day, most of the servers should be updated and visible in the new game client's server browser.

forums.electronicarts....st19902326

Genocide
Server Technician/ CO
Server Technician/ CO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: BFBC2 PC Client R11 will be released on Sep 21st

How to Manually download Client R11
Some users are experiencing problems with BFBC2's auto-updater. For those users, we offer a manual-update alternative.

Note that this manual-update alternative is not compatible with the Steam version of BFBC2.

First, ensure that you have at least 5GB of free diskspace.

Download this package: static.cdn.ea.com/dice..._Patch.exe

Then launch the executable.

It will decompress and then process for some seconds, and if your game client is not up to date, it will suggest that you are to update to version 795745. If you select "yes", then the patch process will commence and in 5-15 minutes your game client should now be updated to Client R11.

CheeseWarrior
TBK Member
TBK Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: BFBC2 PC Client R11 will be released on Sep 21st

2.6gb!? That'll be a lifetime for me.... especially now I've got back from having no internet at all for 8 days, getting 15kb/sec... depressing.
Genocide
Server Technician/ CO
Server Technician/ CO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: BFBC2 PC Client R11 will be released on Sep 21st

CheeseWarrior wrote:
2.6gb!? That'll be a lifetime for me.... especially now I've got back from having no internet at all for 8 days, getting 15kb/sec... depressing.

if i burnt it on to disc and sent it through the post i think it would reach you before you could d/l it :/

CheeseWarrior
TBK Member
TBK Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: BFBC2 PC Client R11 will be released on Sep 21st

I really wouldn't be suprised.... Do you think I could install the update from a disc? The updater is automatic, it came from the retail disc.
Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index ›  Battlefield Bad Company 2
Page 1 of 1