Toggle Content Home | Forums | Next Action | Calendar | TBK Rules | Join TBK | Challenge us | Search | TBK BF4 Leaderboard
  User Info Toggle Content

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password
Security CodeSecurity Code
Type Code

Membership:
Latest: so0unDy
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 496

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 32
Total: 32
Who Is Where:
 Visitors:
01: Photo Gallery
02: Statistics
03: Forum
04: Photo Gallery
05: Photo Gallery
06: Forum
07: Forum
08: Forum
09: Home
10: Forum
11: Statistics
12: Forum
13: Forum
14: Forum
15: Forum
16: Forum
17: Photo Gallery
18: Forum
19: Photo Gallery
20: Forum
21: Forum
22: Photo Gallery
23: Forum
24: Photo Gallery
25: Forum
26: Forum
27: Forum
28: Forum
29: Photo Gallery
30: Forum
31: Forum
32: Forum

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Main Menu Toggle Content

Forum › Server Information › Teamspeak Server › TeamSpeak 3 Released!
TeamSpeak 3 Released!
Information of maintenance, also please report any problems here
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index ›  Teamspeak Server

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tankbusta
TBK Member
TBK Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: TeamSpeak 3 Released!

Hello everyone, Finally after waiting for a few years here it is Very Happy TeamSpeak 3.

www.teamspeak.com/?page=teamspeak3

I suggest downloading from the FTP list as its faster and easier, Below are a list of what the Teamspeak 3 client have to offer:

Voice Quality and Latency

TeamSpeak’s most important feature – the talking part – is already implemented. TeamSpeak 3 is using a much higher audio codec resulting in much clearer voice quality. In addition, the developers have already significantly lowered the latency of speech compared with TeamSpeak 2 and other voice communication software solutions. TeamSpeak 3 will support the latest Speex and CELT codecs and provides automatic microphone adjustment, advanced noise reduction, and echo cancelation.

3D Sound

TeamSpeak 3 now features fully integrated 3D sound support which allows for spatial placement of sound effects and audio streams. This creates the illusion of a sound source being placed anywhere in three dimensional space, including behind, to the left of, to the right of, above, or below the listener.

Permission System

TeamSpeak 3 will introduce a new permission system which will be similar to what is present in TeamSpeak 2, but will contain far greater flexibility. Instead of using pre-defined user groups, TeamSpeak 3 provides your organization with an additional level of information access and control by allowing you to create custom user groups.

Talk Power

You should all know how a moderated channel works with TeamSpeak 2. With TS3, the devs took this concept to the next level. You can now configure a Minimum Talk Power variable for each channel. Every client has his own Talk Power, which he has received through the permission groups the user is assigned to. A client with a Talk Power of 20 can speak in every channel with a Minimum Talk Power of 20 or lower. Effectively this means that with a TS3 group setup similar to the hard-coded TS2 groups, you can now create a channel where everybody can talk, one where only members and higher can talk, one where only server admins can talk, etc.

Sub-Channels

TeamSpeak 3 will introduce a new channel tree structure which supports an infinite number of levels in depth. Sub-Channels will no longer automatically inherit the flags of their parent Channel so every Channel can have it’s own password and persmission settings.

Tabbed Voice-Comming

The TeamSpeak 3 client will allow you to connect to multiple TeamSpeak 3 servers at once, similar to tabbed-browsing. This was one of the many highly requested features for TeamSpeak 3.

Bookmarks

The deveopers have decided to allow the user to store his preferred servers as bookmarks, just like you all know from your favorite web browser. This means that the TeamSpek 3 client will provide a new bookmarks manager which will probably allow the user to manage his favorites more efficient.

One nice graphical feature in TS3 is the ability to configure an avatar which will be displayed when people click on your name. This is similar to what is possible in our forums, and adds some personality to the people you talk with.

Key Bindings

The TeamSpeak 3 client will allow the user to set his own key bindings. According to the official developer blog, the new inteface will support nearly all kinds of input devices, such as joysticks and gamepads. The developers also plan to support things like push-to-mute which requires support to bind actions to button-down and button-up events.

Text Messaging

The text messaging system of TeamSpeak 3 will be an entirely different, and much improved experience compared to TeamSpeak 2. All your messages may contain plain text but you are also able to use BB code tags to emphasize certain words or phrases by making them (for example) bold or italic.

URL Catcher

The TeamSpeak 3 client will provide an URL catcher which is used to store URLs mentioned during a chat. A similar feature is known from mIRC – a shareware IRC client for Windows.

Per Server Capture and Playback Devices

The developers have recently allocated time for is implementing per server capture and playback devices. This new feature allows you to do some really cool things like hook up two USB headsets to your computer, connect to two different TeamSpeak 3 servers using the client’s new tabbed voice-comming feature (see above), hand one headset to a friend and be able to talk as if you were running two entirely separate clients.

Sound Packs

TeamSpeak 3 will introduce sound packs. The idea here is to allow all the sounds that are played when some action occurs to be packaged, and distributed easily. When TeamSpeak 3 is released, anyone will be able to create his own soundpack and share it with other users easily.

Translations

TeamSpeak 3 will will give users the ability to translate the software into their own language. Both server and client will be UTF-8 native so all languages can be supported.

Server Query

The developers are building up a new, powerful Server Query (formerly known as TCP Query) component to TeamSpeak 3. The Server Query interface can be switched into an interactive mode which gives you the ability to use the up/down cursor keys for cycling between the last given commands. You can also use the backspace key to edit the current command-line even if you’re using Microsoft’s Telnet client.

Web Administration Interface

The web administration interface will not be part of the server. Instead it will consist of a PHP-based web application, which can handle multiple virtual servers and server instances at once. The main application of this new interface will be for server farming or maintenance of servers by host providers, since normal end-users will be able to do all configuration and administration of the server from within the new TeamSpeak 3 client.

Database Plugin System The TeamSpeak 3 server will now support a database plugin system so for example developers can now write their own plugin for a completely proprietary database if they so desire.

Gandalf
Friend Of TBK
Friend Of TBK

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: TeamSpeak 3 Released!

so when we getting ours?
Chatts
Site Admin/ CO
Site Admin/ CO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: TeamSpeak 3 Released!

Gandalf wrote:
so when we getting ours?

not yet lol its still Beta.. i'll let all know when Rackage install it

BudMan8
Friend Of TBK
Friend Of TBK

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: TeamSpeak 3 Released!

I set up a server on my PC and logged into it. Seems pretty good so far. The server side of it just runs from a command prompt for now, but the client side seems damn good.
Rigger
TBK Member
TBK Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: TeamSpeak 3 Released!

Has anyone considered Ventrilo, or any other systems similar?
Or is it Teamspeak is the only supported product we can use with Rackage?
Chatts
Site Admin/ CO
Site Admin/ CO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: TeamSpeak 3 Released!

we are using teamspeak 3

MumO19
Friend Of TBK
Friend Of TBK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: TeamSpeak 3 Released!

Can some1 tell me how to increase inbound volume from you guys?
I couldn't find it for the life of me...

Ankara
TBK Council
TBK Council

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: TeamSpeak 3 Released!

Don't you mean 'decrease' for when Rustman's on? Wink

Server Technician/ CO
Server Technician/ CO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: TeamSpeak 3 Released!

MumO19 wrote:
Can some1 tell me how to increase inbound volume from you guys?
I couldn't find it for the life of me...

i would have thought it would be here:
settings > Playback > sound pack volume

if not then you could always reduce in-game sound which is what i did.

and if Rustman does get too loud you can always mute him ...pmsl

MumO19
Friend Of TBK
Friend Of TBK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: TeamSpeak 3 Released!

hehe Smile
yeah, i thought that was it but i didn't get any results when fiddling with it...
mind you, it could be my crappy headphones Sad

Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index ›  Teamspeak Server
Page 1 of 2