Toggle Content Home | Forums | Next Action | Calendar | TBK Rules | Join TBK | Challenge us | Search | TBK BF4 Leaderboard
  User Info Toggle Content

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password
Security CodeSecurity Code
Type Code

Membership:
Latest: so0unDy
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 496

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 38
Total: 38
Who Is Where:
 Visitors:
01: Forum
02: Photo Gallery
03: Forum
04: Forum
05: Forum
06: Forum
07: Forum
08: Forum
09: Forum
10: Photo Gallery
11: Forum
12: Photo Gallery
13: Forum
14: Forum
15: Photo Gallery
16: Statistics
17: Photo Gallery
18: Forum
19: Forum
20: Forum
21: Statistics
22: Photo Gallery
23: Forum
24: Forum
25: Forum
26: Forum
27: Photo Gallery
28: Forum
29: Forum
30: Forum
31: Forum
32: Forum
33: Statistics
34: Forum
35: Forum
36: Forum
37: Forum
38: Forum

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Main Menu Toggle Content

Forum › Game Chat › Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2 › No Dedicated Server for MW2
No Dedicated Server for MW2
Anything to do with "Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2" goes in here
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index ›  Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gandalf
Friend Of TBK
Friend Of TBK

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: No Dedicated Server for MW2

From Infinity Ward Interview.....

The PC version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will likely use a matchmaking system.

This was confirmed by game director Jason West this week talking to Eurogamer.de.

If this is true - I'll not be playing it, I own a console and those of us who have seen matchmaking games will know of the stupidity of this system.

Lag, Lag oh and more LAG lol

I hasten to add I do NOT know if this is true, but it is being widely discussed.
Genocide
Server Technician/ CO
Server Technician/ CO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: No Dedicated Server for MW2

not been able to digest all of this yet but from what i have read it doesn't look good for PC users or should i say for the game in a PC comunity!!

READ IT FOR YOURSELF HERE

i will be reading and listening to the pod cast later. but for now Crying or Very sad

Genocide
Server Technician/ CO
Server Technician/ CO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: No Dedicated Server for MW2

I really am gutted about this news.

MW2 has to be the most anticipated game for the PC comunity
and then one month before release date they drop this bombshell. Rolling Eyes

what a joke

so why not join this pettition

Quote:
Get Infinity Ward to review their decision not to allow fully dedicated servers for their forthcoming game release CoD:MW2. Remember that this Call of Duty was made popular by PC Gamers who have supported the series throughout.

Genocide
Server Technician/ CO
Server Technician/ CO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: No Dedicated Server for MW2

i have cancelled my pre order Evil or Very Mad

Ankara
TBK Council
TBK Council

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: No Dedicated Server for MW2

Cancelled my order to!!! Crying or Very sad

New User
New User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: No Dedicated Server for MW2

Same here cancelled mine also Sad
Jewelsy
Friend Of TBK
Friend Of TBK

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: No Dedicated Server for MW2

Owh my, I was about to pre-order when Lee broke the news Crying or Very sad I joined that petition! Bastards Mad

Btw, 127420 Signatures Total so far, you think we might be able to change their minds? Smile
Chatts
Site Admin/ CO
Site Admin/ CO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: No Dedicated Server for MW2

Both mine and Tank's pre-order is cancelled.. looks like Battlefield 3 will get my money Wink

Gandalf
Friend Of TBK
Friend Of TBK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: No Dedicated Server for MW2

As some of you may have heard my rants, my cries in the night I hate to be the one to have broken this news to the clan and I hope we will all pull together and this will make our clan Stronger.

This is my response to Activision...

Here's some problems with IW's perspectives on PC gaming:

1) PCs are more expensive (already covered but --): Total crock of crap... adding up £10/game per Xbox game I own + 4 years of Xbox Live means I spent £500 -- over the course of 4 years -- more than if I would have played those games on the PC. That ignores accessory cost hikes (which aren't as simple as "+£10"), the price of the console itself (when you probably already have a PC that just needs a £100 videocard and maybe a powersupply to chew through every game today), etc.

**ALSO** -- When you buy a console, you buy a closed and locked platform... HD-DVD and BluRay couldn't coexist... VHS and Betamax couldn't coexist... how in the heck can DS/PSP/Xbox/360/PS2/PS3/Gamecube/Wii and PC all coexist? Are you really going to spend 1200$ buying a Wii, 360, and a PS3 instead of 200-500$ upgrading the PC you already have?

If you're a console gamer... think of how many consoles you have... especially in the same generation. I know a LOT of average people have at least 2 (I used to work at a videogame store giving gift-buying advice to parents, aunts, and grandparents...)

2) "But I can't build my PC"/"I don't know how to fix them!": Build your PC at your local computer store. Prices are nearly as low as Overclockers... and just about every one I saw assemble for free. Or with a amall charge
Also -- Manufacturer Warranties are LESS restrictive and LONGER than the console warranties for the most part. You can also open up your PC and fix it yourself -- and STILL be under warranty.

3) Backwards compatibilty: People keep bitching about Xbox and Playstation not being backwards compatible for one reason or another... and yet the PC is compatible with just about every game since the 80286 days... and that will only increase if there's a grassroots movement to MAKE something work (<3 OpenSource)

4) "But I want to play at my TV": Then plug it into your TV via VGA, HDMI, SVideo (eugh!), component, or DVI...

5) "But I want to play splitscreen with my buddies!"/"I want to use a controller!": Then plug in a controller and check to see if there's a splitscreen mod/patch/feature. Note: Splitscreen is disappearing from the console scene too -- to save up system resources for more eyecandy.

Also -- if the developer didn't program it for the console -- you're screwed... the PC however could potentially have a third-party mod.

6) "But the Xbox360/PS3 is high def!": Uh... welcome to the average 1995 PC. Also -- just because your game is claiming to be rendered at 1080p doesn't mean it is... it just means it's connecting to your TV at 1080p. On the PC -- when you select a resolution -- the developer almost definitely is rendering at that resolution.

Also -- HDTV is just inherited from the PC world anyway. HDMI is just DVI + Audio... Component is just VGA in RCA-format. PCs got HD LONG BEFORE TV because you needed to fit a lot of text on screen at once and you were sitting so dang close to them.

So yeah, that's a start of my rant... I didn't even get into Mods and stuff yet.
Scooby
Friend Of TBK
Friend Of TBK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: No Dedicated Server for MW2

bugger.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index ›  Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2
Page 1 of 2